Unfortunately, Blogger is not compatible with PDF or Word docs. I can e-mail the PDF to you if you want.
SMOG Analysis
The less than 30 sentences SMOG analysis formula
will be used. This gives the response of 1.97 and according to the
SMOG conversion chart the reading level is 4th grade +/- 1.5 grade
level (University of South Carolina, 2003). Based on this information the
brochure is a reasonable reading level for parents and guardians of children.
Reference
University of South Carolina.
(2003). The SMOG readability test. Retrieved from http://prevention.sph.sc.edu/directory/tool/ratelevel.htm
Mandi,
ReplyDeleteWonderful job on your brochure. You provided great insight into the childhood obesity issue, risk factors contributing to childhood obesity, its associated health risks, and what we as parents or guardians can do to reduce incidence and prevalence. Until our children acquire the knowledge and ability to adequately manage their health, they need someone to guide them in the decision-making process regarding health behaviors. I think brochures such as the one you created provide valuable information to assist parents in this crucial role. Well done.
The future Dr. ME,
ReplyDeleteYour brochure looks great. The layout design works well and the pictures help to explain the information. I especially like the boy weighing the choice of the apple to the big sandwich. The information on exercise habits is certainly something most parents would not know. You managed to offer a lot of important information in a limited space. Good job!
Thanks again for your help with the post.
Kay
My favorite part of your brochure was the information under the caption "small, daily changes will lead to success!" You give parents tangible guidelines about what they can personally do to help their children be healthy. Adding that parents should be a role model for good nutrition and exercise is a powerful statement. As a parent, when I want my son to do something and he seems resistant, usually the only thing I have to do, is do it with him. Now does that work for teenagers? I don't know, my son is only eight. What I do know is that the healthy habits I started with him as a younger child have stuck with him today, so hopefully that will continue to be true and the habits he forms now will carry on into his adolescent years.
ReplyDeleteDoc,
ReplyDeleteOne of the best brochures I have looked at thus far. The reason is I believe you found the balance of providing information to parents to help, but to much where they are overwhelmed. This brochure is perfect for parents that are looking for tips to help their children or want to prevent obesity. Truthfully, people do not want to drive into a deep research to fix some problems. Everyone wants answers at their fingertips right here right now. I believe this gives it to them. The division into several different categories helps with the readability and comprehension and not losing the reader on one topic.
BJ
Great way to show the current and future risks children may face if their food choices are not on a healthier side.
ReplyDeleteI think your color choices make your information pop, easy to read. A 4th grade reading level is a good choice to target kids and their parents.
Thansks for the information, Marsha